Tuesday

Before Christmas I was in Florida meeting scouts for modeling and acting. During my week in Florida, I participated in many seminars that taught me so many things involving leadership that I did not expect to learn there. It proves that leadership can be taught and learned just about anywhere. James Pentaudi from Albany Talent Agency taught me that everyone should try to be a "YES" person. Saying "YES" instead of "yep" or "mhmm" etc., can show a person's eagerness on taking the initiative to be a leader. When you hear a "yes'' it can show a person that you are willing to go the extra mile to get the job done. Most people
react to ''yes'' people than to others. Keep in mind the tone of voice too! Another thing I learned was that you should be a leader rather than a follower. You should trust yourselves and your ideas and don't be afraid to start a committee or join one and share your ideas. If we all held back our ideas there would be nothing for others to gain. Ralph Waldo Emerson would probably agree when he stated "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." My faveourite quote is from Colonel Dandridge M. Malone "The very essence of leadership is its purpose. And the purpose of leadership is to accomplish a task. That is what leadership does–and what it does is more important than what it is or how it works." We all have to be a leader and help accomplish that task to help others, or you're community. For me, completeing every task makes everyday a little better. Knowing I've helped someone or helped the community for the better, makes me happy and that's why I am a leader!

No comments:

Post a Comment