Saturday

To me, volunteering is one of the most important things that people should get involved in. Sure, the bonus of volunteering is that it looks fantastic on applications, but that's not the reason why I do it! Knowing that I can make a difference in someone's life or throughout the community makes me truly happy! After I volunteer, I go home completely fulfilled and with a smile knowing I've helped someone, even if it was something small. The majority of High School students only volunteer because they need their thirty career hours! But I think that people should step up and just do it, not because it's mandatory! I'm on the senior girls basketball team, this is my eleventh year in dance, but nothing makes me more happier than helping. I think more people should try it and I hope that if they do they can get as much enjoyment. The Past few months have been crazy but good! In December I went away, and came back having learned things about myself, and things I could teach to others. In school, I've been working non-stop decorating and planning dances, and different events the our acoustic shows, spirit week and our biggest, the Kentucky Cup. The Youth Action Team was going to have RUCKUS during the Frosty Festival, but like I said in my previous post, it was cancelled due to weather conditions! So, we are still planning to have it within the next few months, and this gives us more time to help make it even better. For the Mount Pearl Crime Prevention Committee, we had a booth during the Frosty Festival. We are in the middle of planning a few city events for younger kids to come out. We will be holding a family event around late March or April. We are also trying to get kids to start volunteering, which I think everyone should be trying to start! Other than that, we haven't decided what's next - and that goes for the other two committee's I am on as well - but I can honestly say, I can't wait to get started on whatever's next within the next few months.

I volunteer because I love it. And I think that whoever volunteer's will love it too. So we should start motivating, and get people helping, because it's a great thing, and the right thing to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment